Welcome to the Faciola Lab!
FACIOLA LAB OVERVIEW:
The overall research goal of our laboratory is to further our understanding of ruminant nutrition to improve the efficiency of nutrient utilization in order to enhance animal production and minimize environmental impact of livestock operations. Our laboratory has broad interests, which include, but are not limited to:
- Understanding the mechanisms that regulate feed intake;
- Improving nutrient digestion, efficiency of nutrient utilization and conversion into milk and meat;
- Improving microbial growth in the rumen and their contribution to the animal’s supply of nutrients (Amino acids, fatty acids, vitamins, minerals, and volatile fatty acids);
- Improving the utilization of commonly used feedstuffs, evaluating alternative ingredients and finetuning diet formulation, especially within the context of Nevada’s agricultural realities;
- Improving accuracy, precision, and reducing time and cost of laboratorial methodologies as well as evaluating new experimental techniques both in the lab as well as on the field.
If you wish to support the Animal Nutrition Research Laboratory at UNR you can contribute with donations. All donations are used in their entirety for research to support improving livestock operations locally and globally. No administrative or overhead costs are deducted. Contributions to the Animal Nutrition Research Laboratory at UNR are tax deductible to the extent authorized by law and can be sent to:
Animal Nutrition Research Laboratory
Department of Agriculture, Nutrition & Veterinary Sciences
University of Nevada
1664 North Virginia Street
Mail Stop 202, Room 112
Reno, NV 89557
Make checks payable to: University of Nevada, Reno Foundation
and please indicate that the donation is to the Animal Nutrition Research Laboratory.
Acknowledgments of gifts will be made at the request of the donor. If you have questions regarding our work at
the Animal Nutrition Research Laboratory at UNR, please do not hesitate in contacting us.
We deeply appreciate your support!